Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Centerpiece Changes

Over the past few weeks I've made some huge changes to the wedding. One of the biggest elements is the floral component. When I first started putting the pieces of this wedding together, flowers were something I had on the bottom of my list. I felt that since we were having our wedding nestled upon a garden, that I really didn't need to bring much outside to the inside.

However {you knew that was coming!}, I am really obsessed over tablescapes and decor elements. I suppose that when you're not totally in love with something, it shows to other people. To make a long story short, I went to a decor meeting with a trusted friend and mentor in the business, and he came up with a genius design concept.

It was a leap of faith decision because as we sat there, he hurriedly drew a sketch that looked like pure scribble scrabble, but I trusted him and saw the vision. On the other hand, I had no idea what Mr.Golden was going to say to my big change. When I showed him the sketch of our new centerpieces, he exclaimed, "What is that!" I told him to just roll with me on this one and that I knew what I was doing. :)

Yesterday I went to go get updated sketches, but to my surprise, waiting for me was my mock up centerpiece. I apologize for the quality of the pictures, but they were taken on my cell phone since I wasn't expecting to see a mock up.

The centerpieces consist of calla lillies, branches, hanging tea light candles, and crystals. What you don't see in this picture that will be added to the real version are orchids and some stargazers.



Another thing that will be added is gold marbles at the bottom of the vases. If you look closely, the vases sit on a base that lights up and will illuminate the marbles.



I have to say that trusting my gut feeling really helped. I was never really 100% in love with my other centerpieces, but I was content with them. I think that there are many times in life and wedding planning when you have to settle on being content, but if and when the opportunity arises to get what you really want, you have to jump on it and not let the opportunity pass you by. It is with this same outlook that we are re-examinating everything related to the wedding and making changes as needed. But don't worry, Mr.Golden won't let me go too crazy! :)



Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger My Dream Ring said...

I like the new centerpieces. Nice!

June 18, 2009 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger Malissa said...

The new centerpieces are really pretty, have you considered using curly willow instead of the straighter sticks? It might give you a softer, more organic look. Since you are in an adventerous mood :)

June 20, 2009 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger Lisa M. McGainey said...

Incredible! I can't wait to see the finale..

June 23, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home