Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Wedding Nightmares

Sometimes I fall asleep thinking about the sweet memories I want to make on my wedding day only to wake up a few hours into the night sweating and in a panic. We've all been there before- they're called wedding nightmares.

My most recent one was about a week ago when the media was going crazy over swine flu and this is how it unfolded:

My male cousin, who is also a groomsmen got extremely sick and had to be taken to the hospital. He has been looking forward to this wedding forever. On his way to the hospital he had tears in his eyes {250 + lb. marine/club bouncer}. It broke my heart that he was going to miss the whole wedding.

Fast forward to cocktail hour, I was looking all over for Mr.Golden because it was almost time for our introduction. I couln't find him or the the photographers. I was going crazy because I didn't want the guests to go inside the reception room until after all my little details that I spent years planning got photographed. Somebody came up to tell me that Mr.Golden was sick too and had to leave and the photographers were nowhere to be found.

I broke down crying in my dress that everything was going terribly wrong. I kept saying "all this money we wasted! all this money and I have absolutely nothing to show for it. no groom, no pictures, nothing. all this money down the drain and I will never get this day back. we could have bought a house! now I have nothing!"

Isn't that scary? I mean, when you think of it, it is a lot of money, time and energy being put into one day and no garauntee that everything will go according to plan. It's not an investment, but almost a gamble. I trust all my vendors so that's not my concern at all, but there's no way to control sickness or any other acts of nature. As a person who likes to be in control and have it all together all the time- it's very scary to acknowldge.

In high school, I was planning to go to the prom in 11th grade with a bunch of friends that I had in the 12th grade. I had my ticket, an outfit and shoes picked out and was on my way to get my nails done 2 days before prom when I fell terribly ill with salmonella poisoning from something I ate {I have never been more sick in my life}. I was messed up for two weeks and missed out on everything. Ever since then, I will NOT eat food in public the week before a big event. Nothing is promsed. But all I can do is pray and hope for the best.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home