Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The First Man To Ever Love Me...

I'm far from being a daddy's girl. My father and I have been to hell and back, but we're at a good place now and I appreciate all the tribulations that have brought us here.

One thing that can be said is that he has always been in my life. He's a great provider to my mother and my siblings, and he means well- even when he makes his mouth up to say things I don't neccessarily want to hear. I could never hate him, because as I've grown into a woman, I realized that I am him.

I love my dad. I may not show it as much as I should, but he was the first man to ever love me. I can't wait for him to walk me down the aisle. He jokes around that he can't wait to "give me away", but I'll never be away from him. He will always hold a special place in my heart.

Look at how the father in this picture looked at his "little girl". My dad is not the msuhy type of guy, but we'll see if he tears up when he sees me for the first time on my wedding day.

Here's me and my dad:


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home