Monday, July 6, 2009

7/7 A day of Remembrance

Today is a bit of a sad day for me. It is the four year mark of my great grandmother's passing. I definitely think about her more and more as the wedding day steadily approaches. I would have loved for her to have seen Mr. Golden and I get married being that I am the first one out of all the great grandchildren to make that step. But it would be unfair for me to wish such a thing because if she were still here, I'm sure she'd be suffering and I'd like to think that she is in a much better place.

I thought it would be easier to write this post after four years, but it's not. The only way I find solace is knowing that she met and approved of Mr. Golden when she was still here. One of my all time favorite memories of her with Mr. Golden and I was at a family BBQ back in 2004:

I was irritating my mom {something I do frequently} and my mother jokingly said to Mr.Golden along the lines of, "Handle my light work, get her away from me." Him being 6'3 and me being 5'2, he turned around and picked me up over his shoulder. My great grandmother was sitting in the chair all along, and said in those old-lady voices, "Oooh chile, I sure hope he don't be beating on you."

Everybody starting cracking up. It was her funny, outlandish comments and witty personality that made everyone in her presence fall in love with her. She is truly missed, but will always be remembered and remain apart of us in our hearts and memories.

RIP great grandma: the only one who used to play Old Maid with me and allow me to win almost every time!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home