Friday, January 23, 2009

I had a "moment"

I knew it was sure to come, every bride goes through it at some point. I'm talking about bridezilla moments that keep us up until 4a.m. {true story}. Wanna see the culprit that made me loose sleep? Here it is:

Now let me explain. It wasn't the food that made me stress out, in fact, the food looks delishes. But if you look ever so closely at the trim on the plate, you'll see it's......dunnn dunn dunn dunn...RED!!! These are the plates at Westbury Manor {my reception hall}.

Can someone tell me why this red trim had me re-guessing my whole color scheme and wondering if my tablescape would be thrown off. Instead of going into calm planner mode, I literally freaked out!

I called my colleague and asked said:

"I am totally going crazy, do you think I should incorporate red into my color scheme. The plates have red trimming!"

"Absolutely not!"

"But"-

"NO"!

Losing that battle, I called Mr.Golden frantically and said:

"Babe, the plates have red in them."

"What are you talking about?"

"The plates at Westbury Manor have red trimming. I want gold chargers, it's going to ruin it!"

Silence...

"Do you think we should have an accent color?"

"You are out-of-control!"

Long story short, my colleague and fiance are right. I was bugging to the tenth power. There will be no color scheme changes. Mr.Golden made me realize that I hadn't even noticed the red on the plate when we went to a wedding there this past summer and the color scheme for that wedding was pink! I guess I'm entitled to a few crazy bride moments but I have to limit myself. I've vowed to never be one of "those" brides- and by "those" I mean this:

{one of my all time favorite episodes!}



Have a great weekend everyone, I'll see you all back on Monday!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Those are pretty cool dishes :)

RelentlessBride

January 23, 2009 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dope blog..check out my blog robbreportrich.blogspot.com

January 24, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home