Friday, September 18, 2009

Save the Dates: Check!

I've been swamped with save the dates since last weekend.  I was upset with myself because I had intended to send these out at the one year mark, but what the heck!  10 months - 1 year, it's all the same!

I still have a second wave of people to send them out to, but none of them read this blog, so it's okay to show them off today!

I knew early on that I wanted something a little different for save the dates, but I just didn't know what.  Originally I wanted to do a clear photo cube with pictures on 4 sides, the words "save the date" on one side, and then the information on the remaining side.  I saw early on that although a wonderful idea, it would have been way too expensive to print all the pictures and purchase the cubes.  Not to mention, I can only imagine the looks I would have received at the post office when trying to mail them.

One day while at Michaels, I came across clear plastic 4x6 picture frames and a light bulb went off in my head.  I decided to do two pictures side by side on a post card, with the information pertaining to the save the date on the back.  The clear plastic frames made it so that people could see the pictures and the information easily.  Next, I said to myself, "damn, I'm going to need a lot of 40% coupons to get 85 of these things.

I almost gave up on the idea until one day while walking to the store, I came across a picture frame sale in the middle of the street that a warehouse was giving.  Un-freaking-believable is what I felt when I saw that they had clear plastic frames at a fraction of the cost Michaels was selling them for.  I never ran to the bank so fast to draw money!

I took my idea to a print shop and they designed and printed the save the dates for me.  Here's the final result:

click on photos to enlarge





They were still a hassle to mail but the trouble was worth it.  I'm just glad they're DONE!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger African-American Brides said...

Aw... very nice! You did a GREAT job on these. Very creative.

Erica

September 18, 2009 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello, I'm with StrictlyWeddings.com. We love your blog and feel it provides unique, personal reflections on the whole wedding planning process. We have a blog that we work hard to keep up to date as a resource for brides to be. Do you think there's a chance for us to work together (i.e. share content or links?). Kind Regards, - Dave (dave@strictlyweddings.com)

September 18, 2009 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger TBB said...

just fabulous! love them.

September 18, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home