Monday, November 17, 2008

40 is the new 20 and Thursday is the new Saturday

Well I guess the title says it best. New trends are created everyday whether it's in the world of the stars or the wedding world. Today's stars look more youthful with age and have the metabolism of a person in their 20's. And in the world of weddings, well, the trend seems to be that any day is a good day to get married.

More and more couples are opting for non traditional days to get hitched. Saturday evenings used to be the "it" day for weddings. A few years ago we started seeing Sunday and Friday weddings emerge and dominate the wedding scene. Those alternative days used to be a way to cut costs and get discounts on various vendors. Nowadays, Friday's and Sunday's are just as popular as Saturday's. The reality is that most vendors have caught on, and the savings are not as much as they used to be.

I was in the hair salon earlier this year when a fellow bride was talking about her upcoming nuptials. When I asked her what day she was getting married on, she replied "A Thursday."

"A Thursday?" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, a Thursday." She said.

Honestly at the time, I thought to myself, "who gets married on a Thursday?"

Guess who blog world?..............................

If you guessed me, then you're right!

As a bride you have to make sacrifices along the way. When I first started my search in reception halls, I wanted three very specific things:

1) A summer wedding
2) An evening wedding
3) A Saturday wedding

Numbers one and two I was not willing to budge. But as Mr. Golden and I talked, we began to reconsider what day of the week we wanted to get married on. Now, I have to admit that Thursday weddings are more easier on the pockets of a budget conscious couple. But I have met other fellow Thursday brides whom I have talked with who have said that their reason for doing a Thursday night wedding was due to not being able to make the high guarantee minimum at their dream location on the other days.

Whether it's due to funds or making the minumum guarantee requirements, Thursday weddings are the new rave. But it is equally important to think about your guest list when you make this decision. Will most of your guests be able to accomadate their schedules around your wedding?

I'm a firm believer that whoever wants to be present on your big day will find a way to be there if given the proper notification to make arrangements (i.e. Save the Dates). It's also fun to think that your guests can make your wedding into a long weekend event (i.e. more time spent with out-of-town guests, having a day or two to recuperate before going on your honeymoon). However, before saying yay or ney, it's still considerate to think about if it will work for your wedding and your guest. If you can answer yes to those questions, then hey- Thursday's the new Saturday!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home