Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Feeling A Bit Scrooge-y

This year Santa bought me:

A fiance with the flu. Who also has to work grave yard shifts Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and the day after Christmas from 7p.m.-4a.m. I definitely won't be seeing him today and tomorrow is questionable because by the time he gets home it will be 5a.m. He usually doesn't wake up until 1p.m. on his overnight shifts. And then he has to eat, shower, catch a power nap, get dressed, and leave for work by 6p.m. all in a 5 hour time frame. I was hoping he'd be able to call out since he's sick, but uh, NYPD don't play that. He will be in those streets protecting the citizens on New York while I am home.

Our original plan was to celebrate xmas on Saturday, but NYPD messed that up too by giving him mandatory overtime. I swear, sometimes I feel like I am marrying the police department instead of Mr. Golden. Maybe I'll make the most of our situation and bring him some hot tea and a danish while he's on duty. Unfortunately, I can't bring a plate of food because he's not in an area where he can let his guard down and eat all willy nilly in the street.

On the home front, Santa bought me a little sister with a stomach virus who is highly contagious.

Truth be told, I'm not in the best of holiday spirits. I knew this year would be slightly different, especially with planning a wedding and having to make another HUGE deposit on our reception hall in February. I'm not necessarily complaining, I just needed to vent some of my frustrations.
Thanks for reading and allowing me to do that!

And to everyone out there in blog world, I just want to say have a happy, healthy, safe, and blessed holiday!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home