Friday, January 2, 2009

Love At First Sight

I fell in love this week and it wasn't with Mr.Golden {clutch the pearls}. Instead, I have been weak in the knees over a wedding cake! And not just any wedding cake...my very soon to be {because I just gotta have it} cake.

If loving this cake is wrong, I don't wanna be right. I have never put more than 10 seconds of thought into my wedding cake. In fact, I actually scratched it off my list of things-to-do because my reception hall provides the cake in our package {from an outside bakery}. I've seen the cakes they provide and let me just tell you, they're nothing to write home about. In fact, the bakery that provides the cake has very poor craftsmanship in my opinion {cracked fondant, very visible dents in the fondant, unsmooth buttercream}. I don't want to bash the bakery, but it's honestly not up to par and wouldn't leave a lasting impression on my guests if I went with them.

I've seen some pretty wedding cakes. They're everywhere! But until this week, I hadn't found one that "spoke" to me. Then I laid eyes on this cake and it called out my name in five different languages:

source


This cake has all the elements I want {the scalloped bottom, the scroll draping, bling, and details for days}. It's absolutely golden in every way and represents the overall feel I want for my wedding. Of course, I couldn't have it with as many layers. I only have 150 guests to feed whereas this cake was meant to feed 400 people. But I don't mind faking the funk with some fake layers to add height and drama! There's no letting go now that I found my true love!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger LushChic said...

ok goldie...
this cake is NICE!!!(understatement)...its a bit too tall for my taste but i love it still....

January 24, 2009 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger TAL said...

Yes, this is a mighty big wedding cake and I think "faking" some of the layers is your best bet...no sense wasting good cake!

January 30, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home