Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rejected {but still loved} ideas?

I have notebooks filled with ideas that I "just had" to have for my wedding when I first started planning. But along the way, some things have been scribbled over with a big fat no. Then there are things that I still love, but had to put to the side because it's impossible to incorporate every single idea.

So I figured if I can't have them, I might as well share the ideas with someone else and possible inspire another. This is supposed to be a therapeutic way of "letting go" so I'm really hoping that I don't run in circles while sharing these ideas with you all!

*Walking down the aisle barefoot*

I really wanted to do this. I think it's so peaceful and serene being barefoot. I don't quite know the entirety of what it symbolized to me when I first thought about it, but it brought up thoughts and emotions of purity and walking into a new life. It's like saying, "Here. Take me as I am." {don't laugh, I'm trying to be serious!}
***
And then I thought it would somehow tie into my African American heritage with the whole concept of jumping over the broom. I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy. But a few years ago I used to take up West African and Caribbean Dance and being barefoot was the number one rule.

In my head I picture walking over a bed full of roses on the ground, continuing with the ceremony, jumping over the broom, and then putting my shoes on after the recessional. And even though my dress will cover my feet, at least I will know that they are barefoot and I think it would make for some great photo opts. Maybe I could talk to my pastor and see if there are any religious ways this can be incorporated into the the ceremony.

Now that I'm thinking it out fully, I don't know if I'm ready to part with this idea. What do you guys say, yay or ney?

Source

Beach Bride Jewelry

Orchard Cove Photography


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

My cousin went barefoot and she loved it, but i love the jewelry ... if i went barefoot it'd give me an excuse to get that foot jewelery thingy (not sure of the name)... its just gorgeous!

RelentlessBride

January 12, 2009 at 5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home