Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thankful

I was planning on making some posts about Thanksgiving Day, but I didn't expect to write a post like this.

I am thankful that I am alive and that I made it home safe today. Earlier I was involved in a car accident with an 18-wheeler truck (I have a nissan sentra compact car). I was in the left lane making a left hand turn. Meanwhile the truck was in the right lane. Now I understand that trucks need room to make turns and that they can't make sharp turns, but this driver did not have his blinkers on. Naturally, I assumed he was going straight. Instead, he made a left turn as I was making mine and the side of his truck basically took control of my passenger side and knocked me into a pole. I didn't knock into the pole hard so I have very minor damage to the front, but my passenger door is a little dented in and scratched up.

Although I am upset about the damage and the unexpected costs of this accident, I have my life and that is all that matters. Material things can be replaced. There will be people that will get into car accidents today and they will be going to the morgue. I made it home with only a slight pain in my shoulder so who am I to complain?

It's so easy to get consumed by the small things and often time we forget the basics. I am going to take the day off from blogging to spend some time with my family and thank the Lord for watching over me today. I will bring you more Golden Moments tomorrow. Have a safe evening to everyone out there in blog world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home