Monday, November 24, 2008

Home for the Holidays


I haven't disclosed this yet, but Mr. Golden's career is in law enforcement. Anyone that has a loved one in law enforcement knows that there can be many lonely days and nights enduring the crazy shifts. So you can just imagine my excitement when I found out that Mr. Golden will have Thanksgiving day off!

On a slightly different note, we know how stressful splitting up the holidays can be once you are an item with someone else and there are various families involved. This Thanksgiving, Mr. Golden and I were invited to dinner at his best friend's family's house. His friend is one of his Best Men for the wedding and their family is so sweet. We have decided to spend the majority of the day at my house with my family, then we will go to his friend's family's house. Mr Golden's mother decided that she wants to cook the day after Thanksgiving (she has done this for the 5 1/2 years I've known her), so we usually spend that day with her. Whew, talk about spreading myself thin. They'll be lots of socializing in the next few days, but I am looking forward to it!

How will you spend your holiday?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home